SLAY- What is it about?
We deliver a handcrafted, gourmet cup of coffee in a spill-proof & temperature-controlled packaging giving our consumers a hassle-free experience. We not only promise a gourmet coffee experience for people on the go, but we’re making premium coffee affordable for consumers across the country. With an uncompromising focus on quality and convenience, every cup of SLAY is guaranteed to be a delight.
The SLAY Promise:
- Innovation: The brand has managed to disrupt the coffee market and create a completely new category for gourmet, handcrafted coffee on-demand at the click of a button. Available to order in 80+ locations in Bengaluru, Mumbai, Delhi-NCR and Pune through online delivery platforms. Brand rating of SLAY on Zomato & Swiggy is 4.3, the best in the category, better than Starbucks.
- Sourced locally: SLAY coffee beans are sourced from the mountains of Chikmagalur which include award winning estates that are more than 100 years old. Our growers are as passionate about quality and perfection as us and all our blends are a result of co-creation.
- Choices aplenty: Our coffees are suited to varied taste and lifestyle preference - Skinny range for calorie conscious, Vegan range, Black range for purists and SLAY-X for the strong coffee drinkers! SLAY-X is India’s Strongest Coffee.
- Packed for experience: SLAY Case is the temperature-retaining, spill-resistant packaging used for delivering handcrafted coffees through our delivery partners. This unique and proprietary packaging helps maintain the temperature of the coffees for a minimum of 30-minutes. The packaging is reusable, and customers have been re-purposing the SLAY Cases.
- Conscious: We want to co-create our brand with the customers and speak to them regularly. We are aware of how information on sustainability efforts of a brand affects their purchase decisions. We listen keenly to our customers and being a conscious brand is one of our core promises to them.
- SLAY is mindful of its practices. The workspace of every kitchen is 50 sq feet – this is strictly tested and optimised for reducing the carbon footprint by reducing intake of electricity, lighting, and water. We are doing the best we can with the options available to reduce the carbon footprint while delivering a gourmet coffee experience. We are measuring our steps, and aware of our footprint, and the goal is to minimise it, or offset it.
- Minimal use of plastic (cold coffees are also served in paper cups); we will additionally shift to bagasse lids in the next 1-2 months. Moving towards further reduction and complete elimination of plastic consumption by end of Q2, 2020.
- Traceable: Each cup carries a stamp of the barista that made the coffee. Very soon, customers will be able to trace the journey of the bean from the estate to the cup through SLAYGRID, India's first block-chain enabled supply chain solution giving 100% traceability, provenance and transparency to the customers from cultivation, harvesting, curing & processing, roasting, grinding, brewing of every cup they consume. SLAYGRID will be integrated with the SLAY app, and plans to include among other things, the size of the brand’s carbon footprint as well.
- Waste reduction: We ensure all our outlets are supplied the freshly roasted coffee beans every week, so at no point our customers drink coffees that are made from beans which are more than 28-days old from the date of roasting. We are aware of the remarkable footprint that coffee has and see to it that nothing is wasted – beans beyond 28-days of roasting are sold to other vendors in the market.
- Giving back to the community: All coffees are handcrafted by baristas that are certified through SLAY ACAD. SLAY ACAD is a Barista Training Program, compulsory for all our baristas to ensure we deliver on the SLAY promise. Delivered online and evaluated offline, SLAYACAD is one of its kind programs in the F&B industry aimed at creating quality baristas at scale. We target to train and employ over 500 baristas by 2020 and 1,000 baristas by 2021.